Monsanto is a Fortune 500 Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. It has more than 20,000 employees at 320 locations worldwide in four primary regions – Europe/Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America and North America. It has $11.7 billion in annual sales. In India, it started his operation in 1949 and is headquartered in Mumbai.
Post : Application Support Specialist – Contract
No of Post : Two
Experience : 3 to 7 years
Location : Bangalore
Job Description : The successful candidate will become a member of Technology Pipeline Solutions (TPS) Team, part of Monsanto IT systems, supporting enterprise-level biotech and breeding related software applications. This is a very domain intensive role and will require deep understanding of various concepts in breeding, Biotechnology and data base applications.
Job responsibilities :
1. Quick grasping of enterprise applications and their usage
2. Train the scientific community and ensure effective utilization of applications
3. Day to day interaction with scientists and breeders to provide quality & timely support
4. Proactive in identifying the customer needs, arriving at probable solutions, working closely with IT teams for better solutions
5. The individual will need to interact closely across global teams
Educational Qualification : B.Sc – Agriculture, Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Botany AND M.Sc – Agriculture, Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Botany
a. More then 3 years of Breeding/Plant/Biotech Research experience
b. Work experience with scientific data base/ Bioinformatics applications is desirable.
c. Strong oral and written communication skills, collaboration and networking skills across scientific and international teams, self motivated, strong team player
Deadline : 02.03.12